A Scientific Advisory Board (SAB) comprising 14 members is elected by the FACCE-JPI Governing Board and is currently chaired by Professor Margaret Gill. The members are selected on the basis of the following criteria:
1) Outstanding academic record and international visibility and reputation.
2) Recent and active participation at international scientific expertise and foresight, e.g. IPCC, ICSU panel etc.
3) Broad vision of the challenges facing agriculture, food security and climate change.
The members of the Scientific Advisory Board cover a diversity of disciplines within the scope of FACCE-JPI.
The roles of the Scientific Advisory Board are to:
- Provide advice to the FACCE-JPI Governing Board on the alignment of JPI activities to the JPI Strategic Research Agenda and updates.
- Provide scientific advice on identification, evaluation and impact of the FACCE-JPI activities.
- Review of the scientific outputs of FACCE-JPI.
Below are the current members of the FACCE-JPI Scientific Advisory Board:
- Anne Marte Tronsmo, Norwegian University of Life Sciences (NO)
- Claire Chenu, Agro Paris Tech (FR)
- Frank Ewert (Vice-Chair), Leibniz Centre for Agricultural Landscape Research (ZALF)(DE)
- Gianluca Brunori, University of Pisa (IT)
- Johanna Buchert (Vice-Chair), Natural Resources Institute Finland (FI)
- Kari Saikkonen, Natural Resources Institute Finland (FI)
- Margaret Gill (Chair), University of Aberdeen (UK)
- Mette Termansen, Aarhus University (DK)
- Peter Gregory, University of Reading (UK)
- Reinhart Ceulemans, University of Antwerp (BE)
To see the profiles of the members, please click here.
FACCE-JPI is in the process of electing new SAB members.