FACCE Joint activities
The FACCE-JPI Scientific Research Agenda defines 5 core research themes to address the challenges presented by agriculture, food security and climate change.
Priority actions have been determined for each of these core themes, among which a pilot action Knowledge Hub to foster alignment on the modelling of climate change impacts in Europe, and four calls for research proposals.
Ongoing calls for research proposals include:
- A call on Agricultural greenhouse gas mitigation (CT5): applications closed. Results will be communicated soon on the FACCE-JPI website.
- A call on food security and land use change (CT1): ongoing. T1 proposal evaluation and T2 pre-proposal evaluation to be communicated soon on the FACCE-JPI website..
- A call on climate smart agriculture (CT4) : ongoing. Call for pre-proposal closed December 2nd 2013, call for full-proposals from mid-February to April 1st, 2014
- A call on biodiversity (CT3) : on-going. Call closed on December 16th, call for full-proposals from January to February 14th
The first biennial Implementation Plan sets out concrete actions to implement the FACCE-JPI Strategic Research Agenda following 3 strategic priorities:
- Following the success of the pilot action MACSUR, FACCE-JPI is preparing a 2nd Knowledge Hub, on Plant disease epidemiology under climate change".
- A Knowledge Network on the "Development of options for sustainable intensification of European crop (both major and minor crops) and livestock systems" is also under preparation.
- FACCE-JPI is currently preparing a proposal to respond to the European Commission Horizon2020 1st Work Programme call for an ERA-NET on Sustainable and resilient agriculture for food and non-food systems. This proposal is coordinated by Germany (Jülich).
- FACCE-JPI is also preparing a CSA proposal following the call published in the 1st Work Programme of Horizon 2020 released in December 2013.
- 2 Exploratory workshops, one on "Animal health and diseases and GHG Mitigation", and one on "Food safety implications of climate change and climate variability", will also be organised in 2014. The first will be held in Madrid on May 21st 2014, the second will be organised in Bucharest in September 24th-26th 2014.
These Joint activities will be monitored and evaluated following the FACCE-JPI Monitoring and Framework Paper adopted by the Governing Board on October 21st, 2013.
11 May 2012
27 January 2014