FACCE-JPI adopts a new European and International Strategy to address the global challenges of sustainable agriculture and food security in the face of climate change in a more effective way.
Members of the Joint Programming Initiative on Agriculture, Food Security and Climate Change (FACCE-JPI) have adopted a new European/International Strategy (2016-2020) in December 2015. The European and International Strategy aims to:
- Promote greater complementarity and structuring of research at European and international levels to address global challenges in a more effective way;
- Improve the international visibility FACCE-JPI and enhance the impact of aligned European research on European policymaking and innovation; and
- Facilitate the exchange of information and mutual learning with similar research initiatives in other regions of the world.
More specific annual Action Plans will be developed by the FACCE-JPI Secretariat to facilitate and prioritise the implementation of this Strategy.
What’s new ?
- FACCE-JPI participates in the TempAg Network Governing Board meeting (1 Feb. 2017) to discuss potential cooperation with its members
- FACCE-JPI becomes a Partner of the Global Research Alliance on Agricultural GHG (December 2016).
- FACCE-JPI participated in the Workshop “JPIs on the Global Stage: Opportunities for International Cooperation” organised by the BILAT USA and INCOBRA EU-funded projects. 21 November 2016,
- FACCE-JPI joins the International Bioeconomy Forum (October 2016)
- FACCE-JPI joins the External Advisory Board of the 4PRIMA Coordination and Support Action (May 2016)
- FACCE-JPI, JPI HDHL and JPI Oceans discuss possible new joint research activities on Food and Nutrition Security (11 April 2016)
- FACCE-JPI participates in the Stakeholder Forum regarding the Implementation of the EU‐Africa Research and Innovation Partnership on Food and Nutrition Security and Sustainable Agriculture (5-6 April 2016)
- FACCE-JPI discusses international soil research with key European and international partners (13 January 2016)
- FACCE-JPI and Water JPI launch a joint call for collaborative transnational research proposals on sustainable water management in agriculture (“WaterWorks 2015”) in cooperation with 10 (non-EU) third countries (2 February 2016)
- FACCE-JPI MACSUR Knowledge Hub signs an MoU with the Agricultural Model Intercomparison and Improvement Project (AgMIP) (12 February 2014)
- FACCE-JPI organizes a Workshop with International Partners (4-5 June 2013, Bonn)
- FACCE-JPI and the Belmont Forum launch a Collaborative Research Action/ Joint Call on Food Security and Land Use Change (17 July 2013)
- FACCE-JPI launches a Multipartner Call on Agricultural Greenhouse Gas Research with Canada, New Zealand and the USA (January 2013)
- FACCE-JPI organizes a Workshop with other International Initiatives working on Agriculture, Food Security and Climate Change (13 July 2012, Dublin)