The Scientific Advisory Board (SAB) is currently chaired by Prof Frank Ewert. Prof Gianluca Brunori is the Vice-Chair of the board.
The members of the SAB are selected on the basis of the following criteria:
1) Outstanding academic record and international visibility and reputation
2) Recent and active participation at international level e.g. IPCC, ICSU panel etc.
3) Broad vision of the challenges facing agriculture, food security and climate change
The members of the Scientific Advisory Board cover a diversity of disciplines within the scope of FACCE-JPI.
The roles of the Scientific Advisory Board are to:
- Provide advice to the FACCE-JPI Governing Board (GB) on the alignment of JPI activities to the JPI Strategic Research Agenda and its subsequent updates.
- Provide scientific advice on identification, evaluation and impact of the FACCE-JPI activities.
- Review of the scientific outputs of FACCE-JPI.
- Individually act as ambassadors for FACCE-JPI, representing the JPI at external events of strategic interest upon request of the FACCE-JPI GB
Below are the current membersof the FACCE-JPI Scientific Advisory Board:
- Alexander Nikolov Hristov, Pennsylvania State University
- Anne Marte Tronsmo, Norwegian University of Life Sciences
- Anne Mottet, Food and Agriculture Organization of the United Nations (FAO)
- Frank Dentener, European Commission Joint Research Centre (JRC)
- Frank Ewert (Chair), Leibniz Centre for Agricultural Landscape Research (ZALF) / University of Bonn
- Gianluca Brunori (Vice-Chair), University of Pisa
- Jørgen Eivind Olesen, Aarhus University
- Kari Saikkonen, University of Turku
- Lars Stoumann Jensen, University of Copenhagen
- Mark Howden, Australian National University
- Marta Guadalupe Rivera-Ferre, University of Vic
- Mette Termansen, University of Copenhagen
- Tim Benton, University of Leeds
- Tim McAllister, Agriculture and Agri-Food Canada
To see the profiles of the members, please click here.