The Scientific Advisory Board (SAB) is currently chaired by Professor Margaret Gill. Professor Frank Ewert and Dr Johanna Buchert are the Vice-Chairs of the board.
The members of the SAB are selected on the basis of the following criteria:
1) Outstanding academic record and international visibility and reputation
2) Recent and active participation at international level e.g. IPCC, ICSU panel etc.
3) Broad vision of the challenges facing agriculture, food security and climate change.
The members of the Scientific Advisory Board cover a diversity of disciplines within the scope of FACCE-JPI.
The roles of the Scientific Advisory Board are to:
- Provide advice to the FACCE-JPI Governing Board (GB) on the alignment of JPI activities to the JPI Strategic Research Agenda and its subsequent updates.
- Provide scientific advice on identification, evaluation and impact of the FACCE-JPI activities.
- Review of the scientific outputs of FACCE-JPI.
- Individually act as ambassadors for FACCE-JPI, representing the JPI at external events of strategic interest upon request of the FACCE-JPI GB
Below are the current members of the FACCE-JPI Scientific Advisory Board:
- Anne Marte Tronsmo, Norwegian University of Life Sciences
- Frank Dentener, European Commission Joint Research Centre (JRC)
- Frank Ewert (Vice-Chair), Leibniz Centre for Agricultural Landscape Research (ZALF) / University of Bonn
- Gianluca Brunori, University of Pisa
- Johanna Buchert (Vice-Chair), Natural Resources Institute Finland
- Jørgen Eivind Olesen, Aarhus University
- Kari Saikkonen, Natural Resources Institute Finland
- Margaret Gill (Chair), University of Aberdeen
- Mark Howden, Australian National University
- Mette Termansen, University of Copenhagen
- Reinhart Ceulemans, University of Antwerp
- Tim Benton, University of Leeds
- Tim McAllister, Agriculture and Agri-Food Canada
To see the profiles of the members, please click here.