FOOD 2030 Event: Research and Innovation for a #ZeroHunger World
16 October 2018, 14.00 - 16.00 - European Parliament (JAN 4Q2) in Brussels. Belgium
The FOOD 2030 Event will start with a networking lunch, followed by a thematic discussion on the next actions to eradicate hunger by 2030 and on the contribution of research and innovation to ensuring food security and nutritious diets for all. It will also provide feedback and build on the findings of the recent 2nd FOOD 2030 High Level Event that took place in Plovdiv under the auspices of the Bulgarian Presidency from 14-15 June 2018.
- MEP Paolo De Castro, Vice-Chair of the Committee on Agriculture and Rural Development, Coordinator of the Parliamentary Alliance on the Fight Against Hunger, S&D
- John Bell, Director for Bioeconomy, Directorate-General for Research and Innovation, European Commission
- Rodrigo de Lapuerta Montoya, Director of the Liaison Office with the European Union and Belgium, FAO
- Emile Frison, Expert on Conservation and Agricultural Biodiversity, IPES-Food
- Nevena Alexandrova–Stefanova, Agricultural Innovation Systems and Knowledge Sharing Officer, FAO
- Roberta Sonnino, Vicechair of FOOD 2030 EG report and Professor of Environmental Policy, Cardiff University
If you are interested in joining, please register by 5 October 2018: https://ec.europa.eu/eusurvey/runner/WorldFoodDay2018EP16102018. For security reasons and to get access to the European Parliament, registration is compulsory.