International Conference on Agricultural GHG Emissions and Food Security
from September 10th to 13th 2018 - Berlin
The International Conference will focus on policies and innovative practices that can help mitigate agricultural GHG emissions while ensuring sustainable and resilient agricultural production and enhanced food security. It will give scientists involved in GRA, FACCE-JPI and CCAFS research programmes an opportunity to collectively reach out to policymakers, farmer organisations and food industry players in order to make them aware of the state of current research and identify the research gaps that need to be addressed in order to meet countries’ commitments on climate change and on sustainable development (e.g. SDG2 and SDG13).
More specifically, AgriGHG 2018 aims to:
- Provide an overview of relevant EU and international research activities and highlight the need for action to reduce GHG emissions from agriculture and improve carbon sequestration.
- Facilitate a dialogue among all stakeholders involved (researchers, policymakers, farmer and industry representatives) to identify further mitigation action and research opportunities that should be addressed at national, EU and international levels.
- Further promote EU and international research cooperation in this area.
The International Conference is structured as follows: (1) a 1.5 days Scientific Conference targeted at researchers and scientific experts; (2) a 1.5 days Stakeholder Conference targeted at policymakers and other stakeholders; and (3) a 1 day Excursion:
- Scientific Conference – 10 September (all day) and 11 September (morning)
- (In parallel: GRA Council meeting – 10 September (all day) and 11 September (morning) – GRA Members and Partners; by invitation only)
- Stakeholder Conference – 11 September (afternoon) and 12 September (all day)
- Excursion - optional: 13 September
The main outcomes of the scientific conference will be presented during the stakeholder conference.
Abstract submission for a paper of poster presentation for the Science Conference is open till 30th April 2018: https://www.agrighg-2018.org/abstract-submission/.
More information on https://www.agrighg-2018.org/.
the summary report of the International Conference on Agricultural GHG Emissions and Food Security: Connecting Research to Policy and Practice