FACCE-JPI has brought together 23 funding organisations from 18 countries in a joint Call under the ERA-NET SusCrop to attract proposals focused on Sustainable Crop Production in order to tackle the societal challenges of the 21st century.
The SusCrop call Annoucement sets out that proposals be multidisciplinary and should address at least one of the following topics:
- Enhancement of predictive breeding technologies and development of new genotypes leading to new phenotypes and crop varieties for improvement of plant health, protection, production and resilience
- Development and exploitation of novel integrated pest and crop management methods and practices
- Improvement of resource-use efficiency of crops and cropping systems
- Systemic research on agricultural crops as part of an ecosystem including interactions between plants and other organisms (“the plant as a meta-organism”)
The total indicative funding for the Call is €17.2 million.
The SusCrop Call opened for pre-proposal submissions on 17 January 2018.
Please note the submission deadlines of this two-stage Call are:
- Pre-proposals: April 4, 2018, 13:00 h (CEST)
- Full proposals: August 31, 2018, 13:00 h (CEST)