FACCE-JPI is strongly committed to three new proposals for H2020 funding, submitted to the European Commission on February 14th, 2017.
- The FACCE-JPI joint action ERA-NET Cofund SusCrop (Sustainable Crop production) will provide clear perspectives for researchers in crop research to find tailor-made support at the level of information, communication, networking and funding that fits their needs best. In turn it is expected that SusCrop will contribute to maintaining and strengthening Europe’s highly competitive position in crop research.
- The FIT4FOOD2030 Coordination and Support Action aims to support the EC in the development and implementation of the FOOD 2030 policy framework and its action plan. FACCE-JPI will be represented in the consortium through the FACCE-JPI's coordinator INRA.
- The CIRCASA (Coordination of International Research Cooperation on soil Carbon Sequestration in Agriculture) proposal aims to develop international synergies concerning research and knowledge transfer at EU and global levels. CIRCASA is coordinated by INRA, and the FACCE-JPI's vice chair Maurice Héral is involved in the project's Research Policy Committee with support from the JPI secretariat. The CIRCASA encompasses four objectives:
- Strengthen the international research community on soil carbon sequestration in relation to climate change and food security;
- Improve our understanding of agricultural soil carbon sequestration and its potential for climate change mitigation and adaptation and for increasing food production;
- Co-design a strategic research agenda with stakeholders on soil carbon sequestration in agriculture;
- Better structure the international research cooperation in this field.